Tuesday, June 12, 2012

JHID Tiny House


Jessica Helgerson Interior Design is one of my favorite design firms. They are located here in Portland and create beautiful, well designed, green spaces. This is Tiny House - where Jessica and her family live out on Sauvie Island (15 minutes from Portland). I have to admit that my jaw fell open the first time I laid eyes on the photos of the sweet little home my friend Jesse, of Jette Creative and friend of Jessica, posted on facebook.

Why? My dream is to someday have a tiny house of my own. A place in the country where my imaginary children will wear rain boots with overalls, sheep will graze, ducks will do whatever ducks do, food will grow, bees will pollinate, honey will be made, hammocks will hang, wonderful parties will be hosted, yoga will be practiced, chickens will act like idiots and lay eggs, books will be read, utility bills will be non-existent, designs will be inspired, fires will warm, outdoor showers will be taken, and trees will be climbed. 

I had to stop myself.

Back to Jessica's Tiny House. 

It's awesome. When they bought the property the plan was not to increase the footprint, but to re-design the space to function for their family.







 Photos via JHID website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...