Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Old Bernal House


I have recently become obsessed with Feldman Architecture (I posted this house a couple of weeks ago), so I will likely be sharing more of their work in the near future. 






Their designs celebrate light-filled open spaces with a strong connection to the site and landscape; while designers explore innovative and expressive ways to apply sustainable technologies and adaptations to traditional solutions which complement the firm's contemporary designs.

I love the open and airy feeling of this home. The architectural details and color contrast of the materials pull your eyes in. I was about to write about my desire to take a bath in their bathroom - if they invited me over for a dinner party, I might do just that. Then I realized that I not only want to take a bath - but I want to take a nap on the sofa, and climb the ladder looking for a good book, and make something delicious in the kitchen (or watch someone make it for me), and sit outside on a floor pillow on a warm night with a glass of wine. If you give a mouse a cookie... 
It's a beautiful, beautiful home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...