Wednesday, December 18, 2013


He smells of vinegar. Aren't babies supposed to smell sweet, like freshly baked bread or something? Well, my baby, he smells like vinegar. Wipe that disgusted look off your face, he doesn't smell like that all the time. Mainly in the morning after he has been smashed against my body all night; our bodies molded together like (not sweet smelling) bread dough.

Having a baby is funny. I marvel at everything he learns to do. Every noise he makes, every new expression, every interest he shows. The things he finds humor in fill me with joy, and I could stare at him bouncing in his jumper for hours. "Oh! He's never rolled over in that position before!" It's bizarre. What's even more bizarre is that I excite in the way he pushes when passing gas, or, you know, shits his pants. Never, ever, EVER would I think it was cute or impressive if I saw someone pooping their pants. (I guess that goes without saying.) I might not even think it was cute if it were another 5 month old baby. But my guy, well it wasn't very long ago that gas made him extremely uncomfortable and pooping was an undesirable activity. So now I feel proud of his little grunts, like, "wow! I am so impressed by your strength and how cool you are being about this!"

Maybe, other moms can relate, or maybe I am too easily impressed by my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...