Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Family Photos?


I was reading Cup of Joe this week and found one of her posts really interesting. Apparently, in the book The Perfectly Imperfect Home, the author says you're not "supposed" to have family photos in the living room or other main living areas in your home. Now, I of course don't know everything there is to know about design, but design isn't science {usually} and I think this is just a tip for a clean "design-y" look.

This was especially interesting to me because I am in the midst of picking out a ton of family photos to print and hang in our hallway. I don't have photos displayed in our living room, the hallway is our photo gallery - but that is still a main area in our home, and it makes things feel cozy and comforting.


I would rather have a bedroom sans photos to make things feel like more of an escape.

What are your thoughts about displaying family photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...