Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kennemer Duincamping



Do you like camping? I love camping. Part of the adventure is hauling all your crap out to the woods and putting it all together, right? I think so, but then again, these camping spots in Holland are pretty bad ass. You don't have to worry about much more than getting yourself there and breathing in the fresh seaside air. 


This tent is fitted with beds and a fridge. And when I say beds, I mean there are mattresses. There is a patio with a picnic table & chairs, so you can settle in immediately and open a bottle of champagne.


The website says this, I appreciate their gumption: Allow us to astound you, and make you travel back in time in our beautiful, cosy old-timer caravans. Furnished in the style of the 50’s and 60’s throughout, the caravans ooze snug- and cosiness.

I am indeed astounded. Sign me up for a weeks stay.





What? A tent that looks fancier than my first apartment? The Karstentent accommodates 4 people in two separate sleeping compartments, both equipped with a double bed. In the middle room there is cosy seating with sofa and table. A complete kitchen including dinner table occupies the front of the tent. The kitchen is mobile and easily wheeled out if you wish to cook outside. Say what?!




And finally... I introduce the hobbit hole. The house has round windows, round doors, and is partly buried into a hill. It even has under floor heating so you can stay in the dead of winter. You will want for nothing. The nerd in me is sighing and dreaming.

If Holland continues to impress me long before I cycle around it's countryside, I may never come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...