Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Keeping it Local: Jamison Square




We have had a fantastic week of sunshine in Portland. A place in my neighborhood I often frequent on warm days, is Jamison Square Park on NW Johnson and 12th. It's fun to watch the little kids play in the fountain, listen to musicians who show up to serenade the public, and catch a little sun. 

I would recommend bringing a towel or blanket if you want to sit on the grass though. In the early morning hours, people use the little grassy plot as a bathroom for their dogs, and then as the day goes on that same grass fills up with sprawled out families... Ew? Kinda. 
The fountain is fun for kids because the water rushes out of the rocks, creates a pool, and after a while sucks the water back in and does it all over again. You hear the squeals of excitement every time. From me of course. I love it.


At Jamison there is a cafe called Cloud Seven. I hate the name, but it's a great little cafe none the less. I mean, it's in the park.. They have lots of outdoor seating and good food.

The park is lovely at night too. People watching can be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...