Friday, May 18, 2012

iPhones & Ice Cream


Attention. I have joined the rest of the world. I have an iPhone.
I knew having an iPhone would be awesome, but I didn't know it would be this awesome. It's so smart, it's like God created it.
It obviously doesn't take much to impress me.

Now... Do you see the photo of me being really into that ice cream cone? Well, it's from the new Salt & Straw location on NW 23rd. The original is up on Alberta, but they opened the one on 23rd a few weeks ago. Did you know that Oprah magazine rated Salt & Straws Olive Oil ice cream as number one in the USA? Yep. That happened.


Salt & Straw makes all of their ice cream and cones by hand at the shop - farm-to-cone ice cream is their motto. They use the best local, sustainable and organic ingredients Oregon has to offer, as well as imported flavors from small, handpicked farms and producers around the world.

Their ice cream is good and weird. I think that sums up Portland.

bottom photo: portland monthly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...